[Dailydrool] re;grieving

lois.leader at cox.net lois.leader at cox.net
Mon Apr 21 16:11:20 PDT 2014

Jennifer, I am so sorry about the loss of Cinnamon and about  Crickett's missing her so deeply. We have two senior dogs, a 13 year old Basset and a 12 year old Lab. They have been bonded since puppy hood, best buddies who cuddle together on the couch and play together with obvious happiness. I watch them and find myself asking the same question that you have asked on the Drool. How do we comfort our animal friends when they have lost their companion (and we are grieving ourselves?) I think you have put the question to just the right group of people.  I will be as interested as you are in the answers. Some thoughts I have are: spending as much time with Crickett as you can during the period when she is adjusting to the loss, having a friend visit her if you have to be away, and having soothing background music playing so she isn't alone in a silent house. Take care and belly rubs to Crickett.

Lois - Furmom to  Bobo the Basset and Scout the Lab, BFFs forever