[Dailydrool] Fw: Lost at Sea

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 22 14:51:00 PDT 2014

Hi all, Snoopy here,

First off Drool to all in need.  Morse you rascal you, please be well.  Poor Mike and Becky need some sleep at some point and are likely to catch their death of cold if you don't lighten up buddy.

We've had our fair share of excitement here at our home.  First off we've been having visitors from Chicago of late (momPerson there, may I suggest you check the gate?).  Gracie is in love with this Conley fellowAnd then there is the clueless momPerson and her triathlons and our drought in California.  Which brings me to my little story.

You see, her triathlon last weekend was held in Half Moon Bay with an ocean swim instead of Morgan Hill with a lake swim, because apparently the lake has no water in it.  Now for those of you who aren't crazy and don't "do" triathlons they do them in "waves."  First boys and then girls.  Boys 18-24, 24-34, 35-44 and so on.  Then girls 18-24, blah blah blah until finally they come to what is affectionately (NOT) known as the "old lady wave."  So momPerson was waiting there in her wetsuit with all the other little old ladies (over 44) to swim her mile .... they were the last ones in.  And they released them and they had swam about 100 meters (of their 1500 meters) when a fog bank rolled in so fast and so thick they could no longer even see each other (and there aren't that many of them).  They couldn't see the channel markers or anything.  So apparently momPerson (and all the other old ladies) kept calling out to the lifeguards (who were apparently
 out there, somewhere) "I'm confused"  and "which way do we go"   and stuff like that.  MomPerson found the first buoy and turned left (that meant she was 1/3 mile out) and then she couldn't find the second buoy anywhere but finally she found it (2/3 mile done) and she hunted and hunted and hunted for that third buoy in the fog and she called and she called and she swam and she swam and finally a guy with a kayak showed up along side her and he called out into the fog "hey, Fred, I think I found another one!"  "Hey, lady follow me!  No, no, not that way STAY with me, follow the kayak ...it's bright orange can you see it (silly question, she's an old woman, wearing swimming goggles, in the fog, she can't see a thing)  we have to cut between these two boats, yeah, here we go just head in this direction swim straight in from here..... hey Charlie here comes another one .... what?  We still have to find 4 more ... yeah, yeah, I'm on it."  So the
 fellow headed off to find the last 4 who were probably by this time clinging to buoys in the shipping lanes and hoping they'd get found pretty soon.   momPerson reports she spent 48 minutes out there and probably swam closer to 1.5 miles than a mile.

I don't approve of this sort of thing.  I think the little old ladies should find a different hobby.  Baking sounds nice.  Maybe knitting.

More later from Snoopy who thought playing in the street was bad, but this is worse