[Dailydrool] Morse

Rebecca Louise Stanton pummorse at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Apr 20 02:09:19 PDT 2014

Well a bit of a mixed bag with Morsifer really, but there is an improvement.  Yesterday was good; we walked around a local village, went up on the moors and in the pub - and he enjoyed.  Pottered about and had a good time.  Then later he went into our local pub and was in fine spirits as he burst into the pub riding on the back of a black Labrador (who really told him off and quite rightly) - he then catapulted into the main bar and barked loudly at some astounded holiday makers eating their dinner and then woofed loudly again (several times) at landlord for gravy bones.  He has managed to get an infection in his neck fold where they drew blood (digging in the mud and drooling copiously doesn't help) but we are trying to get on top of that.  He managed to sleep on his bed last night for a few hours and then we woke to him panting at 3am - the bedroom was like a bloody igloo with both windows open - so he went out in the garden and had a wee and drink, and then settled on the sofa with me on the sofa opposite til this morning.  He still hasn't got up for his breakfast (chicken) - and this is just odd too, as this is a basset who has been known to wake me at 2am for his breakfast.  I brought him some chicken and he has refused it.  He has eaten (from my bowl) some rusks and milk I was trying to use up.   Odd.

Thank you so much for all the drool and support.

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB