[Dailydrool] OEBE nominee

Leah McConnell leahkmcconnell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 01:33:38 PDT 2014

Dear Roland Duke of Ears,

Dis is Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands OEBE pawing in from
the bridge. As most of you knows I sent Pebbles the Tuckleberry Hound to my
momslave Leah. Things were a bit to quiet at home  without a member of the
OEBE so I decided to start working with Pebbles. Do  you have any idea of
how hard it is hard to train a houndette from the bridge. First of all the
beauty queen was scared of me when I visited and we had to work on that. I
knew the she would be owning the momslave so I started right off with
getting her on top of tables while she was still with Mama Suzie. By the
time she left there she could climb up on the dining room table with the
best of them and loved jumping up on the coffee table. My goodness that girl
is a jumping fool. The slave was very savvy to the ways of the OEBE members
and poor Pebbles had a tough time. It didn't help that she spent most of her
life in a kennel run and had no idea of what a Basset was supposed to do..
>From time to time I could prod her into doing things - a plate here, a few
pieces of silverware there and a fast trip into the backpack to get the
dental bones. She had never seen a back pack and I had to tell her how to
manage the zippers. But after in a little over 3 years of training and
encouragement I believe I got her to where she now qualifies for the OEBE.
Starting June 24th  she has done the following and much more:

- Grabbed Skye's bag off the counter so they could eat all the food, snacks
and dental bones
- Grabbed stuff from the recycling
-Grabbed Skye's empty bag off the counter again two days later while
knocking over the slave's crutches in hopes that the food fairy had refilled
all the goodies bags and took stuff out of recycling when she found out
there was no food fairy
- Grabbed stuff out of recycling about every other day when she wasn't
counter cruising and grabbing the silverware and dishes
- Grabbed a bag of cherries off the counter and ate everyone of them
-Last Sunday she grabbed two used cobbler plates and silverware off the
counter in the 5 min it took for the slave to walk out to the car with Uncle
Mark. She scattered the forks in the hall and licked those plates clean on
the floor at the bottom of the counter.

And her latest triumph and greatest triumph  - After the slave's dinner
party and while she was walking out to the car with Uncle Mark she grabbed
all the silverware  and scattered them in the hallway and grabbed the apple
crumb pie off of the stove. Unfortunately it flipped upside down and the
slave came in before she could clean up the crumbs on the floor. She also
grabbed the empty apple peeler box and throw that on the floor. Then she
bravely continued licking the forks while the slave was taking pictures of
all the destruction to post on Face Book so that Uncle Mark and Kirsten
could see what a fine job she had done in such a short time. The slave will
post the pictures as soon as she finds her transfer cable.

The slave baby gated off the kitchen so she couldn't do her cruising so
instead she got up on the bed (she is not allowed on there any more) and
pulled back the covers and took a nap. The slave also got pictures of that
to show to Uncle Mark.

There is also the time she accidentally turned on a burner on the stove and
almost started a fire trying to get a coconut cake that was on the burner.
That one wasn't very smart - luckily the slave came back shortly with Skye
the Sheltie Basset wannabe in time to smother the flames and get the smoke
out of the apartment.

Her name should be Pebbles the evil Duchess of Tuckleberry.

We at the bridge are drooling for all those in need. Now she is doing so
well I can do back to playing shuffleboard and spend more time sailing the
Admiral Bo - he got a promotion .

Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands OEBE former master of Leah
the momslave and trainer/mentor of Pebbles the Tuckleberry Hound.

PS - Is there a OEBE affiliation for non-Bassets like Skye the Sheltie who
wants to be a Basset and is being trained by Pebbles about Basset ways