[Dailydrool] toe boes

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 05:25:49 PDT 2014

When Conley was being shown I did nails once a week and he was fine. When
Mr. Cooper Sir (bless his soul) was being shown I did his nails once a week
and he was fine.
When Nigel was being shown (brief career) ditto.
And generally speaking if I was doing one dog's nails I just did everyone.

And then I quit showing Conley because it was too stressful for me to
wonder whether he would put his tail up this time or drag it on the ground
and act like a slow robot (he hated showing). The times that he got his
nails done become erratic. And so did he. Now he discovered he didn't like
it and began arguing. At first it was just jerking his foot away. Later
came the hard glare and only very recently the snapping.
Mr. Cooper Sir, (ATB) became a Champion and was retired and learned to jerk
his foot out of my hand.
Nigel, the second he discovered he could intimidate me a little did so.
Doc is thinking. (It's a slow process sometimes.)

The point is, the moment I stopped doing it on a regular basis, they all
mutinied. It's a dog thing. I don't pretend to understand it.

MomPerson with three who do not want their nails touched.​