[Dailydrool] toebones and Vets

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 08:53:42 PDT 2014

You know, I of course have a theory about this. (I have lots of theories).
Watch a Vet or a Tech cut nails for a few days. They pick up the foot and
pull it out to the side a bit and hold it and cut the nails. This is great
if you're a greyhound or even a beagle, but for Bassets, with those short,
heavy, crooked legs it isn't so hot. Pulling a Basset leg to the side is
just not a good thing to do and I think it hurts them. Do that a couple of
times and no Basset is going to forget it. On top of that, the clippers get
dull fast and if you cut the nails of, say, ten dogs a day for a week, the
trimmers are going to be pretty dull. Vets try to keep enough on hand that
they can grab a good pair, but...
So you pull the leg to the side which hurts and cut those big, thick nails
with slightly dull clippers and after about twice your Basset , who is no
fool no matter what the "experts" think, takes one look, remembers and says
"Oh no....we're through with this s**t."
And next time.....BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH

And that's my theory.

MomPerson to Conley, Llewis and Doc
'