[Dailydrool] question: goopy eye

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 18:40:47 PDT 2014

Harley has had a goopy eye for two days now. the goop is mostly clear though sometimes a little yellow. the tissues around the eye are a little more red than in his other eye. the first day he was rubbing his eye on the sofa. Not so much today. My amateur diagnosis would be conjunctivitis that will clear by itself if I wipe his eye with a clean damp cloth.

BUT--I looked up "dog eye discharge" on the Internet and the info went on and on about more serious problems like glaucoma and optical cancer and contagion to other dogs and people (and lions and tigers and bears, oh my). Now I am wondering if I should get Harley to the vet. His eye does seem to be improving, but.... and is there any home remedy I should be using? (E.g, like teabags or something?  advice please. Val