[Dailydrool] Eyes

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 22 08:35:11 PDT 2014

Hi all, Snoopy here,

I see the opthomologist once a year.  I have dry eye.  LuLu has a different condition, we are both on drops.  The vet gives the clueless momPerson an earful about my allergies too ..... she has been TOLD and TOLD AGAIN that I will rub my eyes due to allergies and injure myself and I need to be on benedryl if she sees me rubbing my eyes.  The woman remains clueless.

The opthomologist explained very patiently to the clueless momPerson that untreated dry eye can and will result in a hardening, and then pitting, of the surface of the eye, which is painful and can cause permanent loss of sight and is PREVENTABLE.

You can save yourself some money by going straight to a doggy optomologist, as most vets don't have the training nor the specialized equipment to treat eyes.  Also, once you are established with an opthomologist if, Dog Forbid, you wake up one morning to your dog's eye bulging, or something else terrible, you are much more likely to get seen right away if you are an established patient, otherwise (with my doctor) it would take weeks to get in, which could be tragic.

Good luck from Snoopy who knows the opthomologist has the best jerky out there and always gets seconds (and thirds and fourths and .....)