[Dailydrool] OUR MT. MOMENT

Leslie bassetrescuemt at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 10:17:27 PDT 2014

First off we would love to say thank you to Donna Lindy for all her work
with Debbie's Dawgs Program.  She , along with all of us, carries the
light of Debbie's passion for saving seniors.  It will shine forever.
Our reminder for our Quilt Fundraiser.  IT is coming to a close and last
chance to get your raffle tickets is  August 28th, 2014.  Our YOURCARING
link is :

http://www.youcaring.com/pet-expenses/quilt-raffle-fundraiser-2014/186242

I will get ticket numbers out to everyone by Aug.29th, 2014.   Either you can use the youcaring site or email me at bassetrescuemt at gmail.com.   We have so far been able to pay the $720.00 to cut off 8 ft of shelter dog runs to reduce the area of covered runs so heavy snow will not cause a cave in.
We now are caring for 7 bassets which is my limit for right now.  The surgeon's think it best that I have a total shoulder replacement, then a total knee replacement.......but.....being an ortho. nurse.....lol   I plan on just dealing with it.......omitting any surgery.  I am hoping that for the rest of the year if any more bassets are needing help that maybe our nearby rescue org. can assist.
The latest on our newest senior here is Sophie with clogged tear ducts.   She will be having surgery to open them , flush them........so here eyes can drain better.    Also,  we just ruled out any tracheal constriction......as she was intubated yesterday without any problems for her dental.   Sophie is our only girl in rescue here.   The boys are lovin it!!!!!!!! lol  lol  Sophie is just so sweet.
I am trying to keep up on the FB that Tricia persuaded me to create.   We would like to congratulate Tricia Stevens on her new position as lead dog trainer for the new PETCo which is opening up in Missoula, MT>
Tricia is our assistant shelter manager and a vital part of Basset Rescue of MT
Healing drool to all the precious hounds needing it..    We here in MontANa have mostly senior doggies here.  I awake each morning counting breathes on each. lol   lol

Thank you to everyone for last minute raffle tickets purchases. Without you, we could not continue saving bassets.

>Basset Rescue of Montana
Leslie Ames - President & Shelter Manager
bassetrescuemt at gmail.com - (406) 207-0765
http://www.bassetrescueofmontana.org
https://www.facebook.com/bassethoundrescue - Like us on Facebook!