[Dailydrool] Boomer ATB & Belly Rubs & Did He Know?

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Wed Dec 10 07:18:46 PST 2014

Lea Pierce's comments on losing a hound are so true, Shannon. I agree
with it all. We never forget them. Those hounds are locked inside our
hearts, as they should be because they were deeply loved.

I have always found that the best way to help (but not end) the grieving
is to adopt another hound. Losing Boomer will always be a part of your
life, but a new dog will help distract you from the grief a bit and give
you something else to think about. I always tell our new dogs of the
ones who have gone before. Jane is still our pack leader, though she
rules from the Bridge. She was our first hound, and with her we learned
about bassets and their ways. She enforced all the rules with fosters
and adoptees, even the rules she didn't obey. Though Holly may rule here
now, Jane looks over her shoulder.

If you can't adopt, perhaps you could foster a dog, preferably a
permanent foster?

I pray for healing for your heart. We have lost many and still miss
them.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets

Lady Jane (ATB), Belvedere (ATB), Alexis Grace (ATB), Abner (ATB)

Holly, C. K. Dexter Haven, and Horton the Very Fearful