[Dailydrool] boy bassets

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 10 10:42:31 PST 2014

Hello, it's the ever clueless momPerson here,

I think Snoopy is really going to be the end of me.  I came home from work yesterday and he was charging around, he was feeling so good, the tail was wagging a mile a minute and I was telling him "hey, cool it buddy you need to rest."  He was trying to climb up on stuff and being a general hazard to his own life and limb and it was clear that after 3 days of rest this boy needed to blow off some steam or he was going to hurt himself.  So after dinner he wanted a walk and his vet said leash walks are good so I leashed him up and took him.

He was trotting fast with his tail going a million miles an hour ..... ahroooooo'ing, acting normal.  I told him it had to be a SHORT walk.  He was not in agreement, he wanted the full 45 minute walk.  So ...... I tricked him.  I took him a different way but only around the block.  He was running and ahrooo'ing and wagging and then ....... all of a sudden ..... he slowed waaayyyyyy down.  Way, way down.  I looked back at him and he looked up at me with that "mommy my back hurts, now what do I do?" look on his face.  I looked up and we were 4 houses from home.  I asked him if he wanted me to carry him.  Noooooooooooooooooooooo mommy not that.  I can walk.  Really slow.  3 houses now.  Really really slow.  We are next door to our house now Snoopy.  Really really really really slow.  This is our house Snoopy all we have to do is make it up the walk and up onto the porch and inside.  One step at a time.

And he lay down just inside the house.  In the entry way.  And panted a bit.  After about 10 minutes I got him to get up and move to a dog bed and Natalie went and got his heating pad and plugged it in and we left that on him about half an hour and he fell asleep and we turned off the pad and he slept a couple of hours and got up and seemed better.  A bit hunched but ok.

This morning he was fine, he was a wagging and a charging around and wanted to eat and play and have cookies.

More later from a frazzled (and clueless) momPerson with Snoopy who might never have his brains come Anita, we think they might have been returned to sender.  He was homeless for a bit.  His momPerson died when he was 4 and he was found on the streets stray at age 5 so they might have come and been returned to sender during that time.  He's going on 10 now and might have to live out the rest of his days without them.  He doesn't seem to mind.