[Dailydrool] dremeling

Angelika angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 2 02:47:37 PST 2014

I have been dremeling for the last 6 years or so. Much easier on me and them then the clippers. I have a no name dremel but do have a Dremel flex shaft ( sort of a hose extension for the dremel- allows you to hold that instead of the whole dremel ). I use dremel sanding barrels, the ones with the bigger grit. As long as you make sure your bit is good and ‘sharp’ ( and they last through many nails) and you have the speed set high enough, it will do the job quickly. I do a nail at a time. No one flinches or squeals. Well not from pain anyway- I have one who flinches and pulls her paw away the whole time. I have on occasion gone far enough to expose the tiniest drop of blood from the quick- but it didn’t appear to phase the hound. Long fur on the paw can be a pain and I either trim or hold it out of the way. I try to keep my fingers out of the way too and usually don’t get more than one. I ‘sit’ across the hound. My butt behind their back, my legs across them. I can hold them down with my thighs and have two hands free for the deed.

It is a bit messier in the winter when I have to do it indoors. But I just put down a blanket and not too much dust flies around.

droolies, Angelika

Sent from Windows Mail