[Dailydrool] fly fishing

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 3 15:46:54 PST 2014

we have an interesting competition going on in our home. Mila the Basset hound vs. an army of geckos in competition to see who can snatch the most houseflies off the window sills. It is quite a sight. Mila sits quietly just below the sill watching. a gecko or two sit on the sill watching. the geckos have one eye turned upward watching for flies and one downward watching Mila. (Unlike the late sister Clara, Mila has no interest in the geckos themselves). a fly flies into the window and buzzes down the glass. The gecko runs for it; Milo jumps for it. I think their hit rates are about tied. Miraculously, there have been no collisions or geckos down the hatch yet.