[Dailydrool] A bit of drool for Vernon Q, please

Mary Wilson mary.gabriola at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 12:28:08 PST 2014

Vernon Q Basset threw up his lunch yesterday and wasn't interested in
supper. This morning he declined a handful of crunchies for breakfast. I
don't need to tell any of you that this is Not Like Him! And he has thrown
up liquid a few times this morning, too.

We took him to the vet this morning, and he's had an anti-emetic and a shot
of antibiotics. Vet suspects he got into something -- which he could have,
since he wanders about out in our backyard. There's nothing new there that
I know of, but there's always possibilities of bird poop, racoon poop --
the disgusting possibilities are many.

Anyway, he's supposed to not eat grass (he says this just shows the vet's
blind prejudice against holistic medicine), rest (no problem) and not eat
until lunchtime tomorrow. If he's not better tomorrow morning we'll be
taking him in to the vetspital -- they'd want him on IVs since of course
dehydration is a concern. He has a slight fever.

To us he is looking somewhat better today than he was yesterday evening,
However, it's a concern -- he's almost 14. So -- a bit of drool will be
appreciated!

Thanks,
Mary
& Vernon Q Basset
& Paddi B Basset, who is fine, thank you