[Dailydrool] Question Marks

Elizabeth Lindsey erlindsey at comcast.net
Mon Feb 17 12:57:31 PST 2014

All of a sudden I seem to have joined the Question Mark Club with my Drool posts. All apostrophes, quotation marks, and more are being transformed into question marks in my posts. I’m not sure what’s triggered this spontaneous misuse of punctuation, but it’s annoying.

I seem to remember others commenting about it in their own posts in the past and several people posting a solution for it. I thought the solution was to change my e-mail program’s (I use a Mac) preference settings to plain text, but that doesn’t seem to be doing the trick.

Any suggestions would be most welcome. I’m concerned this is happening in e-mails I’m sending to others as well.

The only question marks in our Elsinore and young Charlie’s lives right now are when will snacks be handed out again (Elsinore)? when will another cat try to come into the yard so it can be chased out (Charlie)? and when will the next walk/dog park outing be (both hounds)? I tell them some things in life are destined to remain questions without answers, which isn’t what they want to hear, of course.

Elizabeth