[Dailydrool] Going to the vet

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Wed Feb 19 15:59:41 PST 2014

Tomorrow my old man Crackers (DD calendar 12/4) is going in for his annual
visit. Hopefully everything is alright although I do suspect he may have a
little arthritis. He is between 12 and 13 and the sweetest basset who has
endeared himself to his many aunties. He clings to me more than ever, which
means I almost trip over him when I try to move. He follows me around the
house  and his favorite evening activity is to snuggle with me on the couch
watching  TV.
All the snow and cold here in NJ have been hard on him, especially when 2
feet of snow turned to ice. But it is thawing now and he can move around the
 yard more easily. His appetite is good but he makes a gacking sound after
eating  although no food comes up. Of course Loki is always standing by in
case  something should come out. I intend to ask the vet if maybe his senior
digestive  system could use a little Pepcid. He has taken to pawing/digging
the carpet or  any dog bed before lying down and making little grunty noises
while doing  it.So he will get to see his favorite Dr. Robyn, get lots of
hugs and pets from  the staff and most importantly in his mind-lots of
cookies. No one there can  resist his look and the little mumbles he makes when he
wants a cookie.
Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan