[Dailydrool] Pw Penny- need some advice

Eleri Pastouret elerimist at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 11:54:55 PST 2014

Bonejour everybody, and greetings from France.

Firstly I would just like to extend my thoughts and my gurlz' drool to all in need. We think of you all ALL of the time :)

As you know, da Pw Penny is now the great age of 16 (did I already mention that???).  For several weeks she has had the "runs" (loose stools). Actually Polly has them too.  Since a while now, Penny ONLY eats chicken breast and pasta - she refuses to eat her dried kibble, even when it's soaked in warm water.  So, what Penny wants, Penny gets.  The other day we went to see the vetman and he suggested Probiotics (good thing you talked about them on the Drool recently, that way I wasn't a complete dumbo !). I had to order them online because I can't get them in the Pharmacy over here. Vetman suggested rice instead of pasta.

Since yesterday, Penny has not been interested in food. She's not too good on rice (tends to spit it out and decorate the place) so I ""liquidized" it. She wouldn't eat it from her bowl, but did so when I hand fed her. I'm not sure whether she has dental problems or whether she can't smell the food (she's deaf and almost blind). Does anyone have any experience with such old dogs?

Thanks,

Eleri Pastouret
www.bassettissimmo.com
http://mascollection.free.fr
www.un-coeur-sous-loreille.org

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists on other planets is that it's never tried to contact us."