[Dailydrool] Iconic Figures and HOF

Thomas Woodward gravemast at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 08:46:57 PST 2014

I haven't posted much lately...too much going on in life.  I still read
the drools regularly though.  I have been following Debbie Winchester's
illness, hoping and praying that she would come back.  Alas, it was not
to be.  My condolences go out to the family, friends, and the Basset
Hound community, who have all lost a very special person.  Debbie sent
me some very special messages when I lost Calypso, my heart hound.  She
and Elder Clara helped me get through it.  I am not sure anyone else
could have.  I can never thank her enough for that.

I think we all know how special she was.  So I would like to make a
little proposal.  I feel that we have a lot of special people, that go
out of their way to help us be good hound slaves, and to be better
people.  She was one of those.  So I would like to propose the
establishment of the Daily Drool Hall of Fame.  A place to enshrine the
members that have done so much for us.  Also, a place to enshrine some
of the special hounds that have meant so much to us.  I think that
Debbie should be the first human member, and Elder Clara should be the
first 4-legged member.  We can add some more folks and hounds for year
1, then every year nominate some new members.  I think the requirement
could be that they meant something very special to our community.  I
would be willing to set up the guidelines, and we might be able to get
a volunteer to set up a small webpage as a tribute to these special
folks and hounds that have meant so damned much to us. Maybe add a good
picture and short bio as well.

What do you folks and hounds think?

Tom (Slave to Harley, Sidney, Annabelle and Calypso ATB)