[Dailydrool] Allergy Shots

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 14:59:02 PST 2014

Just wanted to throw my two cents of experience in on the allergy shots.
 It takes a LONG time before you see the results you want to see.  It was
just over a year before I could reduce the steroids Beauford had to take
during grass season.  He still had to take them, but it was less.  He has
now been on the shots 4 years.  This summer he had to take three prednisone
pills, and he is actually not on any allergy medicine this winter (it is
still very much winter in Northern Indiana).  I am hoping to see an
improvement in Bugsey.  It is harder to gage his improvement because we had
to break down and put him on Atopica.  He has been on shots about 2.5
years.  It was 3 years before I was amazed with how well the shots worked
for Banshee ATB.  But, it was truly amazing!  She used to get those
terrible, nasty hot spots in all her very wrinkly skin.  We had to do the
baths every day.  She was on steroids and antihistamines.  By year three,
she never had a hot spot again and she only needed a prednisone or 2 pill
during the very peak of grass season.  I learned from her and started
everything sooner so the boys never got as bad.

Still giving out extra treats for optimal drool production for all the sick
and dying (and recently dead) dogs, humans, and families of those affected.

Jennifer the momslave to Beauford, Bugsey, and Browyn the Fairy Princess