[Dailydrool] Drool Hall of Fame

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Wed Feb 26 14:04:08 PST 2014

I have no problema with dear Clara or Miz Debbie being in a Drool Hall of Fame. Awesome person, with props to the awesome bassetude of  Clara...but first, well, I think there is only ONE hound who can have that title and ONE person.

CARUSO and his slave and drool mom, Nancy Gallagher. Who created the list and started the website in 1995. If I start typing I will be all day. The Drool wouldn't exist without either and the accomplishments and fundraising, both direct and derivative can not be equalled. The things Caruso did, or had done in his pawprints could fill volumes. Including every single drool post. Caruso inspired this community and all who woof after him.

.............................then you started me thinking of many who Drooled before, who might be included ......and again, could keep typing for days, not to insult anyone by leaving out their friend or baby.....the first Drooler I recall passing who did a lot for rescue, was Brood's Mary Lou Chipman, followed by Bill James in California, then Brenda and Pat Dill and Pat Alton.....I can't keep the order straight but am thinking Miss Molly, Kweeng daMoose, King Nick, Queen Ethel, Pw. Miss Brandy, Gracie and Bunkie Tanzey, Senior Pw. Noodles, Grand Marshall Scooter Pie who took over for Caruso and Chewed it up a Notch, Pw. Cocshall, Pw. Cleo, Earl, Pw. Melba Toast, Pw. Noah Go Sloah, OEBE, Queen Poppy, Grand Marshall Barney, Bess, Watson, Pw. Tasselhoff, Myrtle, Boogie, King Dudley, Zephyr, Brie and Cera, Clifford, Queen Xandy Bear and Hugmonster, Uncle Chili, Pw. Annie, Pw. Zoey, Wady Bea, Queen Augie Not a Foster, Ultimate Pw. Lucy...did we not all cry when she was left on the tarmac when Mishgun Basset Rescue found a home in Canada for a west coast hound that could not walk....and the airline didn't look after her? ...all added to Drool lore, entertained  and/or collectively raised unfathomable amounts for rescue. I'm going to hit send even as more run through my head.

Not everybody is gone.....Gramma Jo, who created the first waddle, which lead to millions of dollars for basset rescue, Melissa who ran with her mom Jo's idea, Susan Randolph  who wrote, "You had me at Arooo." and did the Drool dictionary, shown as the top of every list.  http://mysite.verizon.net/msrandolph/ . Sabrina and Calhoune who wrote."Cooking with Calhoune" maybe 15 years ago. Moosebarb who put a basset on the moon and in the white house, Diane Morgan and her, "Basset Hound Survival Guide." Amanda Sherwin and that first crazy fundraising ride around the country.....Melissa who keeps the Drool running....... Marilyn Deucher and her hundreds of pounds of fudge. Elvis. I love Elvis.

A few soap opera episodes from, "As the Drool Turns" or "General Droolspital" are running through my mind.......but those are best left for post waddle with a little bit of whine......including the one person who got extradited on a warrant!

I could keep this up for a very long time. Thanks for making me think of each of those babies......and the people who have enriched my life because of the Drool. Thanks again, CARUSO Nancy. You changed my life.

dawnslave