[Dailydrool] Timing

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 05:27:42 PST 2014

Timing is everything. My quilt group and I go to the beach every
spring and next week is the week I'm supposed to be away. And I HAVE
to go because everything is in my name. Fortunately, it's only a
couple hours away so I can get home in a hurry if I need to but I'm
just so reluctant to be away from Jersey right now. We have good days
and bad days, but the good are more than bad so we keep hanging on.
She had a reaction to one of the antibiotics so we eliminated that but
she has four pills that she takes that I kind of spread out during the
day so her stomach isn't overloaded all at once. She had her liver
enzymes rechecked yesterday but I don't have the results back yet so
we're anxious about that. Jersey is eating and drinking ok but has
lost another pound. Plus Ginger has a UTI and is on antibiotics and
Suzy has an ear infection and is getting drops in addition to the
Proin that she takes every day. Shadow is the only one who is staying
totally healthy right now and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop
with her. The DH is taking the week off from work while I'm gone to
make sure someone is here with Jersey all the time. He's a wonderful
dadperson to his Houndettes but generally, he's not the one to do
their daily care or give anyone a pill. Needless to say, I'm more than
a little anxious about how things are going to go. Thank goodness I'm
not going to be too far away and can get back quickly if I need to.

I agree with Bev about the Hall of Fame. I've been on the list since
2007 and don't know the whole history of the group other than Nancy
started the DD but, as Bev said, there are so many wonderful people
who have graced this digest that you know someone would inadvertently
be forgotten and it's an opportunity for a lot of hurt feelings.

Heart healing and get well drool is being sent to all in need from the
Houndettes.

Jane & the Houndettes
Jersey, Shadow, Suzy & Ginger