[Dailydrool] Debbie

Joanne Coorlas jolet at aol.com
Sat Feb 22 11:05:33 PST 2014

 Like everyone, I hoped to not have to read bad news about Debbie each time I opened a new drool. Amazing how connected we can feel about those we've never met. I wanted to contribute this prayer from the Eastern Orthodox funeral service, perhaps it's in others as well, I'm not sure.  I respect everyone's religious background and those who are not as well, so hope to not offend, I've just found the words have brought me comfort.

'O Lord, give rest in a place of light, in a place of green pasture, in a place of refreshment, from where pain and sorrow and mourning are fled away. Every sin by her committed in thought, word, or deed, do You as our good and loving God forgive, seeing that there is no man that shall live and sin not. ' 'May her memory be eternal.'

I am envisioning the greeting at the Bridge.

Joanne