[Dailydrool] Apoquel

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Wed Feb 26 13:35:54 PST 2014

If this is a new drug, do not be deceived concerning the lack of side
effects. There may be some that have yet to be discovered. Pharma
companies have to do a certain amount of testing before the drug is put
on the market, but until it is in that wider market, they do not know
for certain all the responses that people (or animals) may have to the
drug. When it's out there in the wider world, serious side effects can
still be discovered. I used to freelance for a pharma company and saw
the additions of side effects to the physician- and patient-information
sheets I proofread.

That doesn't mean a drug is necessarily a bad drug, just that some
things about it may still be unknown.

My former cardiologist (who is only former because he retired) was very
cautious about new drugs. He always wanted to wait a little while before
prescribing them, just so he could be sure what he was getting patients
into.

Before jumping on the band wagon, it might be well to be cautious, but I
would surely love to see an allergy drug that was nonsteroidal and
really worked well. Our Holly is coming into the itchy season again.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets