[Dailydrool] Debbie

Mr Shannon R Gerdel bassethoundbutler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 19:06:24 PST 2014

Hello,

I had been making a better effort at reading all of the posts, and fell
behind. The reasons do not matter. Tears fill my eyes, as I started to read
about people writing in about her passing. I didn't catch the one that Bev
had written for some reason.

In the last week, so many of you of lost your beautiful Basset Hounds, and
so many of your babies are sick. I thought that I had problems this last
week. Here I sit, a humbled, sad man. I never met her. I am pretty sure
that I spoke with her on the phone once. It was around the passing of that
awnrie Arnie.

I never had the priveledge of meeting you Debbie, although I feel like I
have known you for many years
I am going to try to type this, as I look at my screen with my eyes
swelling up in tears
I just let Boomer and Babe out, and I feel like I owe you an unpaid debt
for all of your help
You always tried to offer assistance to anyone in need, and put others
before your self.
I remember the notes and emails that you sent to me, full of your support
and encouragement
Oh how I hope that at some time, in some sort of way, that I told you how
much your support meant

You are one of a kind Debbie, when God made you He broke the mold
We could all write a post a day, and the impact of your life on ours
wouldn't be told.
I can't read what everyone else has written, I am so full of emotion I must
write
I can see you there with Elder Clara again, and you are now both each
others delight
My heart aches for Wayne, and the rest of her family and the people that
were here friends
You will never be forgotten Debbie, your love support, and kindness will be
passed on again and again.

I wiwll write more letter.Bev, and those of you that knew her so well,
please accept my sympathy. My heart goes out to you, and I hope that my
late response doesn't cause more pain. I am a better man, and a better
Basset Hound Butler because Debbie took the time to care. And so do so many
more of you.

Those that have lost a hound, or have a sick hound, Drool goes out to you
all. I keep feeling like I should write something else, but I don't know
what it would be. Thank you for being a part of my life, in some way each
of you is like Debbie.

Houndie Hugs and Snooter Kisses frum da Caspaw Cwew! Yours in Dwool,

Babe

Boomer

Arnie ATB

Butler Shannon-DDOD (Dat dum ol dad; an absowute, topaw, compwete
BassetCase)

Mr. Shannon R. Gerdel
3583 Meadowlark Drive
Casper WY 82604