[Dailydrool] Pancreatitis

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Sun Jan 5 11:12:20 PST 2014

Our Pixel has had this awful disease three times, the last two fortunately
light cases so it is considered chronic with her.

We feed her 4 small meals a day with a half a Pepcid an hour before the
first meal of the day and the dinner meal.  She has a package of Fortiflora
divided into two portions sprinkled over her early afternoon and late
evening meals.

Additionally, she gets 2 Pancreazyme pills with breakfast and dinner meals.

We use the Royal Canin gastrointestinal dry food.  In the morning she gets
a few tablespoons of non-fat yogurt and in the evening a little chicken
breast in her food with non-fat low sodium broth.

So far, half a year has passed without a flareup and we are hoping...

Pixel is almost thirteen and a half.

Hope this may be helpful.

Sally Russell