[Dailydrool] Fleece dog blanket & late night meals

Kate Lawson clawson at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jan 18 20:43:17 PST 2014

A while back Nancy Kay wrote about the blanket/coat she got for Tina at Dover Saddlery. (It's the Riders International Fleece) I checked out the picture of Tina wearing it and thought it might be good for my Daisy who shivers sometimes. Well I had some kind of brain attack and ordered one that was too large but I could tell that Daisy liked it so I altered it to fit her. I would have sent it back for a smaller size but they were out of stock. Well she really likes it and wears it for early morning walks when it is frosty ( that means below 50 deg - we live in Florida). But she also likes to wear it inside at night after she eats her before-bed meal and then sleeps all night in it.  I'm thinking it is somewhat similar to a thunder shirt and hugs the body just enough to be soothing.

I started giving Daisy an additional (3rd) smaller meal about 9 PM because she was a little too thin but I didn't want to get her used to a lunch meal so that I had to be home at lunch time every day.  She has a dog door so nighttime trips outside are not an issue. I found that right away she slept much better and now I can sleep as late as I want and she is zonked out with me.

Kate and the fleeced out Daisy