[Dailydrool] Drool for Dexter

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Sun Jan 26 14:59:58 PST 2014

This week I took time out of my busy editing schedule to run Dex over to
the vet's. For a little while he's been leaking pee. It took me a while
to figure out that (1) it wasn't just drool or melted snow on the floor
and (2) who was doing it.
Yesterday I got a call back from the vet, telling me that his bloodwork
was normal, that there was some bacteria in his system (but that may
have come from his being catheterized), and that his specific gravity
was low.
Well, you know how it is with doctors. Just when I have this news, she's
going away for a week. So I have to wait for the results of the urine
culture and speak to a vet I hardly know. Then he may have to have an
ultrasound.
I'd like to ask for drool for my best boy. He really is. He's never had
a peeing problem before. He's always been just perfect. And I love him
for that, since my other two don't mind making messes on the floor. I
also just adore this guy, and I hate to think he might have something
serious. He's only seven, and I want to spend many more years with him.
Maybe it will turn out to be nothing, but I'm his mama, so I worry. The
only solution to my problem is to ask for the drool that helps so well.
Pam, food minion to the Dashing Bassets