[Dailydrool] I give up!

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Mon Jul 7 12:39:55 PDT 2014

We've had a whole weekend of fireworks, one night after another. When it
wasn't our town putting them off, it was a neighboring one, and Dex has
such good hearing, he knew all about it, even when we weren't aware of
it. He didn't want to go out, and since I didn't want to have more pee
in the house, I had to drag him out. I felt so guilty.

He paid me back by sleeping right up against Drew last night, not even
touching me, though he usually insists on leaning on both of us.

I hope no one decides to put up some home-grown fireworks tonight. I
think the little guy needs a rest. And I think someone needs to come up
with noiseless fireworks--it seems to me that some of the ones Drew and
I saw last night, just above our treeline, were pretty quiet. I wouldn't
mind quiet fireworks, as long as Dex was happy. I've never enjoyed loud
noises, so I thoroughly relate to his problem with the booms. Oh, and
Horton isn't too fond of the noise either, though he doesn't constantly
shiver, as Dex does.

Pam, food slave to the Dashing Bassets