[Dailydrool] Trapper John Potter

Vi Potter vipotter at pld.com
Thu Jul 10 11:28:02 PDT 2014

I do not write the list any more much as sometimes I just read and hold each
one in my Prayers to help them with a difficult time they may be having. I
now have a need to write about Trapper John who all the old ones on the list
knew was the Son to St Paddie's Day Suprize (Paddie). And though I feel
there may be be many that will not agree with the way I did things, thats
Okay. I want to write a Testment of  Gods unbounding Love for those who like
me are grieving over the loss a their beloved pet. And the Blessing he gives
on as a Caregivier/
Trapper got sick on Memorial weekend. Charlie called to tell me he was down
and I needed to get home. I was 4 hours away so I got here as fast as the
speed limit would let me. When I got here Trapper greeted and barked at me
and came scooting to me for lovings. He was down in the back end. Now I have
been a caregiver all my life either for people of for Animals. I have helped
many people cross over in Peace knowing that God was waiting for them. I do
what is called singing them to Jesus. Being a care giver when a dog goes
down in the back end for really no reason years of experiece told me he was
in renal failure. And of couse I was right, No out put any where. I kept
praying to God and St Francise to help me get his kidneys to jump start so
we could get him to the vets and not have to be helped to the Bridge. You
see if Trapper was to go I wanted him to go at home, with his family and
with his Mom and Dad. I wanted him to be Happy and a Peace when he passed.
So for Four Days I forced Fluids. I know he was getting tired of this but on
that fourth day Prayers were ans. The flood gates open and here it came. I
was so thrilled and I Thanked God and St Francies for the unbounding Love
they had just showed me. The next step was to get him to eat. I fixed every
thing for him and nothing. Then one day Charlie set some dry kibble down in
front of him and he ate two hand fulls.
It was determined that Trapper had Cancer, I do not know where how far it
had spread All I knew was he was coming home to live out the rest of his
days, and if he was into much trouble I would take him in. Now Trapper was a
95 pound Basset Hound he was big like Paddie. I suffer from Fibro, Ra, had a
Heel Spur that was causeing every thing to flare up. My body scramed with
pain each day as I tried many time to keep Trapper dry and to get him a bath
at least twice a week to get the urin off the I could not get with just a
rag and soap I put him on a blanket filled the tub with water then together
we would get in. Getiing him in was not the hard part it was getting him
our. Everyday I changed oh more the 10 times a day. I went and got him a
lounge cahir pillow to lay on and God Blessed me with Fleece blanket for him
for 3.00 so I got 4 of them/ Each morning I would change his bed and he
would rube his head making that sound of pure Basset Happiness. Then I got
him to start eatting caned dog food this was so I could put pain meds in it
if need be and just feed him.
I wanted to know he was eating as I could see he was drinking and with all
the pads I changed I knew he was. So each morning I would hear him bark at
me I am ready to get up. I never woke him up I just let him sleep till he
was ready. I would gather bed things clean upto gert ready to change them
and then I would lay Trapper on his clean bed. At a bout 3:00 in the
afternoon my body would be screaming so I would pray to the Archangel
Raphael (Gods Healing Angel) to just give me one more step to finish my day.
He did,
Now in the mean time I have poor Brandie who is still fighting Mange, I
still took care of her but my focus stayed all with Trapper. What  a
Wonderful and Smart Blessing she was she never complained she would just
wait her turn and when Trapper made it to the food o water bowl (I also kept
omeby his bed in this plastic foor and water holder) She growled at him once
I I put her face in my hands and told her she would not growl at him, she
was to respect him as he was her elder. Oh she did all that and More.
Brandie is a Pit Bull. So again St Francis ans another prayer. That she
would understand he was sick and would respect that. I am so proud to call
her my girl.
Trapper ate canned foor twice a day, omce in the Am and once in the
everning. Each time I hand fed him with a spoon cause I have little ones
here and they will steal it. The cats found a delight in standing under his
chin catching what he dropped and would eat it. We would have cats walking
around here looking like they took the Biggest slobber bath and then would
start to clean rach other up. But when I got a can out and they knew it the
ran to him with Joy.
Little Lady Bug however became his best friend and many times you would see
her laying in the fold of his Belly or She would be on top of his head
cleaning or some times she just laid across him. She showed him a lot of
Love as well
All through this as I went to mass or if I was in the church sitting with
God I prayerd for him to have a peaceful jouney full of love. So my last
night with him they had a concert at the church, I wanted to go because at
that time I felt I could use those songs of Praise to help me futher though
the Love and Hope we had been shown. I wanted to thank God in shining his
praise for giving us Hope, Love, and comfort he gave us.
I got Trapper all fed and set up and told him good night that I was going to
go Thank God for his Love for us. And that Dad was here and if he got into
trouble he would call me. I left the house at 6 cause the concert started at
7 and I had some squash from my Garden I wanted to give the Sisters.
I got home at about 9pm when I walked in the door Trapper was barking at me
so I changed him, kissed him Good Night and told him we would start all over
again in the AM.

Yesterday Morning like I always did I waited for Trapper to tell me he was
up. This was at about 7 am, So I gather things and got ready to chance his
bed, he was just laying there like always waiting on me. When I got to him
to start changing and cleaning him up It was then I noticed he was not
resonding in away to much touch. I rolled him over as I did many times when
I changed him and he just laid in that spot no moving at all. So I got the
bed changed got him position and ran to get the phone to call my Mom. By
10:51 is was gone. No pain, no fear, surrounded by all of us and just
peacfully left this world and not as loud as he had arrived.
The people who I saw in concert that night gave me a signed CD. I can now
understand the gift they gave for I have listened to it since he passed.
God, St Franices, Archangel Ralphal gave me the Greatest Gift any one could
pray for. Love, Hope, and the many prayers that I prayeed were ans.They also
gave me the gift that Chrlie found a place to lay him to rest by his Mom and
Dad and his best Friend Andy. They are all in the back Yard all together and
this is what I prayers for as well.
I wanted to share my story as I know there are many going though things like
just what I went through and I wanted to share with you our Wonderful Gift
of Love and Hope.
I will never be able to Thank God or St Francis or Arch Angel Raphael for
this gift, So I am hoping that by telling you all about it you can feel and
see at the most worse times in your life that there is still Love that
surrounds you heart as a rescure as a Caregiver to the many. Please aways
remember to let that Light of Love shine through their Love and through the
Love of the ones you still take care.
All Our Love Prayers and Hope and Our Light Shines for You all.
Vi, Trapper (ATB)