[Dailydrool] Douglas ATB

lea pierce leapierce at leapierce.com
Thu Jul 10 13:46:52 PDT 2014

​Well, rats. That is all Houndservant has to say. HMS Santa Rosa officers &
enlisted thought that Douglas was good for several more years in spite of
the Horner's diagnosis. Houndservant is reminded, again, of how fragile
life is. We are very, very sorry for his humans.

Yes, it will be quiet at your home. Even when our hounds make no noise,
their snuffles, howls, and hearts fill our souls. It is a good thing.

Death is pestiferous and the Drool has been beset by its contagion for some
time. Drool to all who suffer, hound & human alike.

We shall look for Douglas' bright, shining spirit when our Tour of Duty is
over. We are glad he is being served by the Kitchen Beagles and is romping
in the wondrous sunshine over the Bridge.

Leftenant Lea Pierce, Houndservant & Dogrobber
HMS Santa Rosa

​