[Dailydrool] 2015 Daily Drool Calendar

Laura Salmon laurarsalmon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 19:23:41 PDT 2014

I was debating doing the calendar again this year, because interest has not
been what it has been in the past.  I did a poll on the two Facebook
versions of the Drool, however, and there was a fair amount of interest
from people who are new to that forum.  So I am going to give it a go again
this year.

All of the information is below.  Also, if you would like to be an "angel"
and pay for a date and/or calendar for someone who would like to
participate but can't please let me know.  And if you need an angel this
year please go ahead and sign up for a date and just indicate that you need
help.  Laura

*2015 Daily Drool Calendar Information *

*Information for Newbies:*

The Daily Drool calendar is a longstanding tradition among those of us who
started on the email listserve.  It is an old-fashioned page a day
calendar.  You can purchase a day for $10.00 which will feature a picture
of your basset(s)’ a caption of your choosing.  Buying a day commits you to
buying one calendar insert, which is $29.50 including shipping and handling
in the US and $38.50 outside of the US.  You may also wish to purchase an
acrylic stand to hold the pages for $15.00.  These can be used year after
year.  All proceeds after costs go to basset rescue.

For the sake of fairness, I open sign-ups at a particular date and time.
Any requests received prior to that time will be deleted and you will have
to resubmit (I will tell you if you’re too early).  This makes it fair for
the “popular” dates.  I limit sign-ups to one date at first.  Once everyone
who wants one has gotten a first date I then randomly pull names for second
dates and possibly third depending on interest.  You do NOT have to buy
another calendar for a second or third date (but I would be happy to sell
you more than one!) Once upon a time there was a waiting list for first
dates, but interest has declined over the years.

*Important Dates:*

   - Sign-up date – NOON EDT Friday August 1, 2014
   - Pictures/Captions due - Saturday August 29, 2014

*Who benefits:*

Proceeds will be shared equally between Senior Houndsabound, BROOD, and
Daphneyland

*How to sign up:*

Send an e-mail to dailydroolcalendar at gmail.com no earlier than NOON Eastern
Daylight Time Friday August 1 with your name, address, phone number, and
first five date preferences. Any e-mails received prior to NOON will be
deleted (I will respond to you telling you to resend before deleting the
e-mail). Once I have confirmed your date I will send you a Paypal invoice
for the $10.00 sign-up fee. Failure to pay the $10.00 sign-up fee within a
week of when I invoice you will result in forfeiture of your date.

If you would like to be considered for a second date, please indicate so
and tell me your preference of month for your second date.

It takes me a few weeks to confirm all dates, although my husband retired
this year and has promised me a few hours a day of help so I’m hoping it
will go faster.  You’ll get an automatic email acknowledging receipt of
your date request when you send it so you know it hasn’t gone off into
cyberspace.  Please be patient with me.

I strongly prefer that everyone use Paypal. I have no ability to accept
credit cards. I will accept personal checks, but they will be a lot of work
for me, so if you can use Paypal please do.

If you will be away on the sign-up date you may send an e-mail to me at
lauraRsalmon at gmail.com  <lauraRsalmon at gmail.com>(don't miss that middle R
please) any time prior to Friday August 1 and I will begin sending e-mails
on your behalf to the calendar g-mail site at noon. You will fall in with
everyone else in priority. There is no way to get an "edge” by asking me to
submit on your behalf - I am simply offering to do so because I realize
sign-ups are in the heart of vacation time and I want to be as helpful as I
can.

*How to submit pictures and captions:*

Simply e-mail your picture to dailydroolcalendar at gmail.com and provide the
following information *NO LATER THAN SATURDAY AUGUST 29*:

   - Dog's name(s) (indicate if they are a rescue)
   - Caption
   - Loved by
   - City and State (or City, State/Province, Country for International
   orders)

*The Rules:*

   - One date per family at first (extras if any will be allocated by
   pulling names from a hat of those who indicate they want another date at
   original sign-up)
   - No humans in the picture
   - Non-bassets can be in the picture but only with a basset

*Pricing and Payment:*

Payment for one calendar is due at the time of picture/caption submission.
I will send you a Paypal invoice for the calendar. If you would like to
purchase more than one at this time you are more than welcome to do so.
Prices (all in US dollars) are as follows. Prices assume shipment to the
same address; for shipment to multiple addresses you will be charged the
price for the number of calendars shipped to EACH address:

*# of calendars*

*International price (including Canada)*

*US price*

1

$38.50

$29.50

2

$63.00

$54.00

3

$96.50

$78.50

4

$112.00

$103.00

5

$136.50

$127.50

6

$161.00

$152.00

7

$185.50

$176.50

8

$210.00

$201.00

9

$234.50

$225.50

10

$259.00

$250.00

11

$283.50

$274.50

12

$308.00

$299.00

*Ordering calendars without having a picture in the calendar:*

Just send an e-mail with your name, address, phone number, and number of
calendars you would like to order to dailydroolcalendar at gmail.com. I will
send you a Paypal invoice. You may purchase calendars at any time.

*Ordering stands:*

Stands are $15 each; please note that you need a stand when you place your
order.

*Angels:*

If you would like to pay for a date and/or a calendar for someone who would
like to participate but can’t please let me know.  Similarly, if you need
an angel please let me know when you sign-up for a date.

*Questions:*

Email me at lauraRsalmon at gmail.com (please don't forget that middle R!!).