[Dailydrool] Rescue Helping Rescue

Bonnie Thorpe bonniethorpe at aol.com
Sun Jun 1 17:36:42 PDT 2014

Carolina Basset Hound Rescue would like to thank Ohio Basset Rescue! We learned last week about one of our CBHR Bassets, Abby, that was found wandering alone in Ohio. A Good Samaritan picked her up and had her scanned for a microchip. The adopter information on the chip had not been updated but CBHR keeps our contact number attached to all microchips and we were notified. It turns out Abby is a CBHR dog we placed back in 2009 to a family in NC that apparently relocated to Ohio. We have not been able to locate her adopters to see if something had gone terribly wrong and maybe they were looking for her. When a dog comes into CBHR, we will always take a dog back that can no longer stay in its home for whatever reason - "Once a CBHR dog, always a CBHR dog". In Abby's case, distance makes it a little more difficult but a couple of our volunteers were planning to drive to Ohio and bring Abby back. However, Ohio Basset Rescue has generously offered to help Abby by caring for her and placing her in a loving home.

We all know the trials and tribulations of rescue. Rescue definitely takes a village. The support we give each other makes us stronger by helping the many dogs out there no matter where they find themselves. We would like to thank the Ohio group as well as our volunteers that worked to find the best solution for Abby!

Posting on behalf of Stacey Snyder, President - Carolina Basset Hound Rescue

------
Bonnie Thorpe
www.cbhr.com