[Dailydrool] Limericks: The Magic Number; Permissions; Plans; Suggestions; Requests

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 1 19:46:35 PDT 2014

Aloha Droolers,
  Remember when I said we'd collect maybe a hundred limericks and then make a book out of them? We're there! As of latest count, I've done 88 and eleven additional droolers among us have done 14 more, so we're at 102. woo hoo.
  Here's my plan : I'd like to illustrate the limericks with simple ink line drawings/cartoons. Then take them to a copier and have the booklets assembled inexpensively, then offer them to benefit rescue. My plan would be to maybe make 100 copies and send them to Chris at WMBRI to distribute as she has a lot of bassets in medical need at present.
  I have some questions:
  1. May I include the limericks others of you did? Id need permission from Adrienne Gillespie, Catherine McGrath, Kalli, Lea Pierce, Bill Armstrong, Susan (lily5943), Kacy Green, Joanne Coorlas, BMorgan, Tom Hickcox, and Julie Canny. Write me. also, may I edit your work for punctuation only? Ill also email you personally.
   2. Any suggestions on organization? alphabetically? By theme? (Bassets eating, basset aggression, etc.) Random?
  3. anyone still out there who would like to hop on this particular train with a limerick
 for their dog, written either  by you or me?

  I'm excited about this project and have been typing and editing (my own stuff) all day. Feedback please. (and if you don't want your limerick or one written by me about your dog included, that's cool too, just let me know. semper fido! Val