[Dailydrool] It's been said many times...

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 07:13:28 PDT 2014

I know many have written that pumpkin helped their hounds' anal gland issues.  My girl Pumpkin always had a problem with her glands, and I tried the can pumpkin, but for some reason, it didn't work for her.
Now, with Pierre's new diet restrictions, I have begun to use yams as a pill pocket.  I boil them, peel off the skin, and dice them up to fit the pills.  Pierre loves it, as do all the hounds except Jellybean, but she may come around yet.
Anyway, today, for the first time in the almost 14 years that I have been getting Pumpkin's anals expressed monthly, she was empty.
Yams have become the favorite treat as well as a functional pill pocket, and they are saving me a lot of $$ because I used to give pills in deli meat.
Healing drool to all in need,
Jackie, Pumpkin, Jellybean, Nigel, Colette, Little Nikki and Pierre