[Dailydrool] Basset Noises

lois.leader at cox.net lois.leader at cox.net
Thu Jun 5 10:56:51 PDT 2014

Bobo is the king of the "ahrooooo."  He also does an excellent "woooooo" in a very deep voice. This is his feed-me tone and we have been trying to shape it into "fooooood" for a while. We hold up the dish and have this exchange: "wooooo", "foooooood","woooOOO", fooooOOOD" Sometimes we hear the hint of an "f" , but he just can't get the hang of the "d." He also has a variety of groans and grumbles and moans and harrumphles that are too numerous to describe. I was worried about this and googled 'Basset groaning' and found that these noises are fairly common in Basset-dom.

Right now Bobo is recovering from multiple lump removals. He looks like Frankenweenie and is making some sounds that I'm sure would have to be translated "$%&#!!!!!"

Lois Leader, Bobo the Basset (pardon my language) and Scout, his Lab assistant