[Dailydrool] Looking for a hound for Ruger

Michele S. wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 07:53:38 PDT 2014

Hello Drool Family,
Ruger and I are doing as well as can be expected since Colt made his journey to the bridge.  I want to thank all of you for the outpouring of condolences to our family.  Your love and thoughtful notes have made it a little easier fir us. However I think that Ruger is lonely.  He has never been without his brother for more than 2 days and that was only once in their little lives.  My mom brought their basset over and Ruger was desperate to play with him. Unfortunately Morgan has been an only dog all of his life and doesn't want to play with other dogs. I try to play with Ruger but it is just not the same as the way he and Colt used to play and chase each other.
Sooo...I am looking for a Rescued hound to give a forever home to. I am even willing to be a potential foster failure parent in order to make sure the hound is a good fit for us and us for him. I would welcome a home visit form one of the rescue workers to show them what a great loving home this boy would be coming into. I'd prefer a male around 2-7 years old.   (Ruger will be 7 next month and I think that a buppy might be to much for him), one that is in good health (heart can't handle a sick one at this time), I can deal with minor health issues like allergies. (I am a retired AF medic and was a previous vet tech, hubby is still a AF paramedic) Has to be good with other dogs...since this will be a playmate for Ruger. We live on a farm in Salem, Indiana (40 miles north of Louisville, KY) but I am willing to travel for the right hound for Ruger. My husband is still in Florida so if there is one down that direction he can pick him up and bring him to Indiana for us. As most of you have read I'm an over protective momma, the hounds are/will be house dogs. Our main yard is not fenced in, but the hounds have a fenced in area in which to go out into. They get leashed walks around the property (weather permitting and if they want to) 1-3 times a day. I also have leads on the front and back porches so that they can go out to enjoy hanging out with us. They are never outside either inside the fence in area or on leads without human supervision. They have their own room (with a basset king size orthopedic bed) which they stay in while we are gone into town and at night, but they have the run of the house when we are home. I even make their treats of cookies, chicken and liver jerky, and dehydrated vegetable & fruit biscuits. NO CHINA Crap for my babies.
So if you have a male basset hound in your rescue that you think would be a good fit for Ruger, the dadperson and I please contact me off list so that you can ask any other questions of me, and hopefully discuss what I need to do in order to bring a new hound into our family.
Thank You.
Michele & Ruger at Howling Hound Acres, Colt ATB
wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com  HP: (812) 883-1145

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...