[Dailydrool] Allergy meds

Sabrina Nicholls brii at sprynet.com
Wed Jun 25 08:09:13 PDT 2014

Thank you to the Droolers who contacted me about allergy meds with suggestions on where to find the least expensive on line suppliers and the offer of leftover Ketoconazole being sent to me. You guys are the best! Ketoconazole, which just quadrupled in price, is an antifungal that works in conjunction with an allergy pill.  The allergy pill Atopica, which is one pill a day for the first month, costs $198/month -100 mg pills- at my vet and $154 on line. The best price is at heartlandvetsupply.com. There is a generic - cyclosporine, which is half the price. The allergy pill Gumbo was taking instead of Atopica, Apoquel, was working very well and is a lot less expensive but I can't get it. A Heartland employee told me that it is manufactured outside the U.S. and the manufacturer is having trouble with customs; it may not be available until next year.

Sabrina, Gumbo, and Ellie