[Dailydrool] Thank you for the heart healing drool

Jennifer C. eddie_and_lucy at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 00:15:35 PDT 2014

I want to thank all who sent best wishes and heart healing drool to us. The passing of our old man Eddie has left a void in our lives, even though it has been less than 48 hours since he passed.

He was truly the most loyal friend we could have asked for. We were so glad to have him for 16 of his 17 years. We got him from a rescue's mobile adoption event outside of Target. They said he was a year old. He was still in the puppy frame of mind. He had a grand time playing with his toys and being spoiled. He suffered from separation anxiety, and would destroy things at first. Once he figured out we were never going to abandon him, he calmed down.

Over the years we had some health scares, but he always pulled through. We knew this day was coming but as you all know, it is never easy to say goodbye. Our oldest 2 legger is 5 years old, and she worshiped Eddie. She misses her puppy, as she calls him, but my husband and I miss our dear friend. When we got Lucy, she took to Eddie right away, but it took some convincing before he took to her.  Time will heal our pain, but we will never forget our beloved Eddie.

Jennifer C. w/Eddie (ATB) & Lucy (slinging drool to those in need)