[Dailydrool] Why the Once A Queen Always a Queen WOOFLE benefits Mishgun Basset Rescue

bassetslave at comcast.net bassetslave at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 04:59:49 PDT 2014

Someone asked why the Queens raise money for Michigan Basset Rescue. The answer is simple. We owe them. There are lots of good rescues helping bassets,, including MBR. Many of the others raise a good portion of their funds WADDLING.. Over twenty years ago, Gramma Jo looked at the parade in the little town where she worked and thought, “We can make money for homeless bassets with that parade.” ...or “Lets have a WADDLE.” People can donate money to all sorts of worthy causes. The hard part is making them want to donate it to your pet charity. Gramma Jo’s idea hit gold. Have it and they will come. They did. People loved bringing their hounds People come, they have fun, make friends, bring money, raise awareness of homeless hounds. WinWinWin.

The idea that folks spent money when having fun clicked. Michigan Basset Rescue was willing to share the idea and offer some advice. The slaves first Mishgun waddle was in 1998. They thought it was a one time thing. That was 17 straight waddles ago. In 1998, they met a man in the hall of the hotel, taking copious notes. He’s headed for his 17th, of running his own rescue’s waddle. The rescue where Auntie Feyfey lived was in pretty bad financial shape back in 1998. My humans set out to have a waddle on the Boardwalk. Gramma Jo sent them a packet that said, “How to have a waddle.” Started with, “Find a parade.” They did and kept it going for 12 years. Someone else does it, now. Hope they still do well. There are Waddles from coast to coast, from Florida to Canada. All because one woman conceived the Waddle. Folks may do each a little differently, but they have a central theme.

Gramma Jo honored us by coming to our first waddle, in 1999 and made several trips thereafter.The organization gave her a plaque. The old queens get that without Gramma Jo and Michigan Basset Rescue, a lot of hounds would not have been saved. A debt that we have tried to repay for 17 years and continue.

She also declared Feyfey, Waddle Queen 1998 to be Forever Queen Feyfey. Which is why I still hear woofing in my sleep. Join me (good doG willing) on the Banks of Lake Feyfey (Quality Inn Lobby) come May. You can go home again. FYI, We want your MONEY. I’d appreciate it if you would visit bassetslave.com and buy some of our stuff which means you get the opportunity to get even more stuff in our WOOFLE. We are raising pledges. Pledges. If we wanted a title or something, we would tell ya. Pledges.

If you don’t like our stuff, go support some other houndie’s fundraiser for MBR. We owe them.

Pawtunia, Waddle Queen 2010

Bassetslave.com