[Dailydrool] Gracie the weirdo

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 12 09:56:17 PDT 2014

Hi all, Snoopy here,

My little sister Gracie is quite odd.  I guess most folks know that but she is really really odd.  For a long time she wouldn't go outside in the dark along.  It got messy for awhile but then the clueless momPerson figured it out and started going out with her before bed and after breakfast.  As time went on even LuLu and/or I would go out with the little crybaby just to ensure nobody had to deal with wet carpet (the momPerson is a clean freak and if Gracie made a mistake she'd shampoo ALL the rugs).  Anyway Gracie has lived here for a year and a half and a couple of things happened:

1)  Gracie got more confident around here.  She knows the house and the yard is her home.  She knows if she makes a sound the whole rest of the Rutz pack comes running.
2)  momPerson started leaving her light up basset topiary on all night in the backyard right by the dog door.

And everyone forgot about Gracie and her past fear of the dark.  Then, in early December we had a rain storm in the night and the basset topiary was caught in the downpour and the lights shorted out.  After that so it was very dark out in the yard at night unless the moon was full but nobody cared.  momPerson called the people who make the topiaries (she bought it from rescue so she called the manufacturer) and they promised to help her after the holiday season.  So she wrote them again last month and sure enough they sent her a whole new string of lights (free of charge even).  And Monday after work momPerson took out the old burnt out strip of lights and put in the new ones and left the topiary lite up outside when she went to bed.

And then at 2AM she woke up and Gracie wasn't in bed.  So she checked the living room and no Gracie.  She started going room by room when little Gracie came charging in the door door with her whole butt wiggling.  She was out there playing in the yard in the middle of the night ..... she got her night light back and she was making the most of it.

She is a little nut.

More later from Snoopy who SLEEPS at night in the BED

P.S.  Conley we have no mud and no ice but we have green grass and flowers and fountains and moss covered topiaries and light up ones and loungers and I think you should come over for a while and hang out with us.  Go ahead and bring your momPerson I heard she has a clue.