[Dailydrool] Moving to CA - Help!

Julie Stevenson bassets5 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:50:47 PDT 2014

Seems that into every life a little rain must fall. So I guess its our
turn! We are downsizing and moving back to California! Yikes! Never
thought that would happen but alas, it has! Actually I'm looking forward
to it! The warmth, the sun!! The problem I'm having trouble with is
getting 4 dogs and 3 cats from north of Seattle to the high desert near
Palmdale. My husband and I will be renting a uhaul truck and we also
have to drive our car down. Ordinarily when we drive to California we
spend the night in a hotel somewhere to break up the trip. Thus comes
the problem...no way can we get a hotel room with all these animals!!!
So my question is, are there any nice droolers along the I-5 corridor
that might be able to let us park and nap in your driveway for a while?
For me, I could probably drive straight through the night and make it to
SoCal without much trouble. However, my husband is notorious for falling
asleep at the wheel so I know he will need to stop at some point for a
quick nap! We will be moving sometime in late April or early May
depending on when we get all packed up.

We are also open to any suggestions for making this move with all these
animals! We will definitely look a sight rumbling down I-5 with Nutter
Butter howling all the way! Thanks in advance for any ideas!!

Julie and the Stevenson Family Circus
Nutter Butter the basset
Penny the beagle
Blackie the lab