[Dailydrool] boosting immunity in a puppy!

Marie Campbell moonlitlily1212 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 30 16:32:24 PDT 2014

 Hi Droolers,
   I am hoping for some Holistic suggestions.  I recently adopted a Great Pyrenees/ possibly Newf mix puppy from a shelter--by the way the Bassets are in LOVE with her and wrestle unashamedly with her!!!  She was abandon in a foreclosed house along with her siblings and mother.
    The shelter picked her and her siblings up, after a neighbor complained, when they were about 4 weeks old.  Mom took off so, now, the puppies were on their own at the shelter--no more nursing--no more mothering.  I got my girl Daphne when she was only 7 weeks old--if that-- her puppy molars where not even all the way in.  She is now 13 weeks old and weighs 46 pounds.  She weighed 18 pounds at 7 weeks old.  She is going to be BIG!!!  She is lean and leggy not at all chubby!!!
     Anyway, when she arrived, she has thin hair on the top of her head by her ears.  Now, she has crusty ear tips--I think you know where this is going.  She was recently diagnosed with patches of demodex on her ears and head.  I think it is a result of early vaccination, lack of mother's milk--I always let my pups nurse for 8 weeks--they weaned themselves--and the trauma of being flown from Missouri to Florida at 7 weeks old--possibly 6 weeks old.  The vet believes it will be self limiting and not turned generalized!  He has her on medicated baths and topical ointment for the spots.
    Can any of you guys suggest a more natural way to treat this condition?  To boost her immunity?  I am open to all suggestions.  She is on a corn free, wheat free, soy free large breed puppy kibble along with cooked meat and veggies I add to it.  She is eating well and active.  She is a puppy angel!!!!  I am happy to e-mail photos of her if you would like to see this beauty!!!
    I truly appreciate any advice you can give!
Thank you,
Marie and the Newf, Saint, Basset & now, Daphne Crew!
Man Plans ~ God Laughs