[Dailydrool] APOQUEL

jfishel1500 at comcast.net jfishel1500 at comcast.net
Sun May 4 07:13:02 PDT 2014

Will the Drooler who mentioned that she was giving her hound (sorry I couldn't find your post or name in the archives) Apoquel for itchiness please give us an update on how your dog is doing on it.   I took Rusty to the vet last week and he's chewing his feet and scratching like crazy.  The vet said he won't be able to get the Apoquel until the end of the year.  Doggy Goo (the peanut butter based substance) to help build a tolerance to environmental allergies was actually working rather well for him, but a recent bout of antibiotics for a gum infection has interrupted any tolerance buildup he was beginning to experience.  To deal with the allergies for now we will continue with at least two baths a week with daily wipe downs in between bath days.   Hopefully you're having success with the Apoquel.  At least that'll give a glimmer of hope to us who have very allergy ridden dogs.