[Dailydrool] Finding a dog to follow in Onslow's pawprints

k. green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Thu May 8 15:41:01 PDT 2014

While not trying to convince you, as I too once got a puppy from a breeder,
I second the statement that there are many puppies and young dogs who come
into rescue and need loving forever homes.

You would be shocked at how many pregnant dogs end up in rescue with
puppies who need homes.

Additionally, now is the perfect time to find that 6 month old pup,
possibly already potty-trained, who was bought from a breeder as a
Christmas gift. Now 5 months later, that pup "howls, sheds, and takes way
too much time. Plus it's bigger now so the kids aren't interested", or
whatever lame excuse they give.

Christmas puppies wind up as Spring time rescues - it's a fact. So do check
out the local rescues if you are in fact willing to open your home to a
rescue.

If not, I still wish you luck finding the perfect pup to follow in Onslow's
pawprints.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy (the purchased) and Rupert (the rescued)