[Dailydrool] Sydney leaving us

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Thu May 15 18:53:22 PDT 2014

This post was sent Monday, May 12, but got lost in space...

My thanks to everyone who tried to help with suggestions and stories
after I wrote to a few about Sydney's enormous build-up of fluid and
refusal to eat. There is no hope, and we have brought her home for a few
days of loving before we send her to the Bridge. She is not in pain now,
but soon would be if she didn't starve to death first.

Sydney is 12, and has had 10 wonderful years with us after being rescued
from the local pound. She was taken to an obedience class about six
years ago -- mostly because it was a fundraiser for our Humane Society
-- and she was the only one out of about 10 dogs (none of them Bassets)
who graduated!! And never forgot the lessons. Even now she will respond
to those old commands. She attended a couple of waddle-picnics and wore
a little vest with pockets for people to stuff money into, which they
did. She was quite proud of herself and quite a hustler. She went
through an agility course one group had set up like a pro -- tho
sometimes backwards. Nevermind, she made it to the finish line!

Riche