[Dailydrool] Hound scores

k. green greenlikethecolor at gmail.com
Mon May 19 10:54:11 PDT 2014

I believe someone was asking for stories of thievery and counter cruising.
These tales, er tails?, are so common in our home that we forget to even
write about them sometimes. But just for a recent count, in the last 7
days...

Rupert finished off a bag of gourmet chocolates including English toffee
and some pecan caramel turtles. (No ill effects from the chocolate)

Rupert stole and devoured a grilled chicken breast from the kitchen counter

Cowboy visited Grandpa's house and was so kind as to bring me a block of
rat poison. (Yikes! Scared the ---- out of me, but again luckily no ill
effects and we realized we need to do a sweep of Grandpa's house before
letting the dogs loose!)

Cowboy found and ate a deceased squirrel on Grandpa's ranch.

Rupert stole a 1/4 block of Parmesan cheese off the counter.

So although aging, these two still manage to keep us on our toes and have
definitely not slowed down on counter cruising. In fact, they may be even
more adept as they age.

Also while visiting Grandpa's ranch yesterday, two rabbits scampered right
past Cowboy and were out of sight before he realized what they were and
that he was supposed to chase them. It was quite funny to watch. They
passed right under his nose and he sort of did a double-take and then
started to run but they were long gone. He just kind of looked around
dumbfounded and laid back down.

Drool to all,
Kacy with Cowboy and Rupert