[Dailydrool] To Vaccinate or not to Vaccinate

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 19 19:06:54 PDT 2014

We nearly lost our Cyrus (now ATB) to a rabies vaccination.  He was sick the next day and we called and they said watch him.  The day after that the girls came home from school and couldn't get him to stand up, they called their father in a panic and my husband rushed home and managed to get 110 lb Cyrus into the car and off to the vet where they were able to save him.  They gave him some shots of stuff ..... I really don't know of what but steroids was a part of it.  He wasn't himself for most of a week after that and the vet said she'd never vaccinate him again she would instead write him a "note" so that I could still license him even without a rabies vaccine.

I have since been told the 3 year shot and the 1 year shot are the same shot, just done less often but the same dose.  So with my 3 dogs now I give the 3 year shot and pray real hard.  ONLY give them one shot at a time, then come back in a few weeks for the other one.  And pray real hard.

I believe in vaccinations .... my dogs walk daily and go to the dog park and there are little puppies everywhere it seems.  VACCINATE.

Best,
Dale aka the clueless momPerson and my advice is worth what you paid for it