[Dailydrool] Thanks to all who helped us as Pixel made her way to the Bridge.....

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Sat May 24 06:56:35 PDT 2014

I cannot begin to express my appreciation for the comforting Drools sent to
us individually and on the Drool.  It means so much to have a "basset
family" who truly understands loss, joys and the troubles large and small
of our wonderful basset breed.

As we face this first weekend without the sweetness of our Pixie softly
snoring, sounds of her lapping up her food and the sweet sight of her
sleeping in her Tinkle Trousers, we know there are Droolers literally all
over the world who have sent us endearing messages and poems.

When she was just a puppy, almost 14 years ago, I had asked the Drool for
help as it had been discovered by our vet that Pixel had swallowed a piece
of lead (and was beginning to have lead poisoning).  Someone told us to
look at our curtains and sure enough, she had chewed on the bottom and
swallowed a lead weight.

You Droolers are a special breed in and of yourselves.

Thanks again.

Sally, Bert, Browser (who is mourning with us) and Pixel ATB