[Dailydrool] Happy Holiday!

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Sun May 25 16:43:56 PDT 2014

I've been catching up on my DD's and enjoying the limericks.  Wish I could contribute one - they're adorable.  This
is not only a special patriotic holiday for all Americans, but it's "gotcha day" for our Zoey.  One year ago this weekend we visited Western Missouri Basset Rescue - Chris and Jimmie Bly - and finalized Zoey's formal adoption.  It's been quite a year - we had 2 beagles & a cat with us at the time, along w/my daughter-in-law.  And
then, 2 months after she (Zoey) joined us, I was diagnosed w/breast cancer.  But, our guests have gone on to their own home in MS,  and I'm following up on my cancer treatments, and all seems well.  Funny thing is, people have asked if Zoey misses the dogs (or cat) and it appears that she does not.  I've not seen her searching for them since theyleft last month. We're enjoying her - she's a sweetheart.  Bad habits mostly are issues about HER ownership of
 certain items.  She learned some commands from her Obedience Class at Petsmart, but "drop it" doesn't seem to be sticking to her.  We feel very lucky to have her with us.  We've been celebrating our 60th Wedding Anniversary this week - it's hard to believe it's been that long a time - and we're still celebrating.  Hope everybody has a wonderful, meaningful Memorial Day celebration.  Having Zoey and the Daily Drool in my life makes everything
that much rosier.  Wishing good health to all of us!                   Beryl & Zoey