[Dailydrool] Sex and housebreaking

Riche Churchill buglr at blomand.net
Thu May 29 14:36:10 PDT 2014

Last night, while re-typing the story of my heart-dog (ATB now for 40
years) for the upcoming Olde September 1973 Bugler, mentioned that
although he'd not been a house-dog for the first two years of his life,
he became one after coming out of the hospital to recover from a
devastating illness. What caught my eye was that he did not need to be
house-trained. It seemed not to occur to him to soil inside.

So, got to thinking about all the other dogs I've had, and there have
been many, many, many since my childhood 70 years ago. Every single male
had to be told "no" about going in the house only once and sometimes not
at all. The females always were a different story. Sometimes it took
months, sometimes they never could be trusted totally. I wonder if it is
sex related, in that it seems (to me) that generally males are more
loving and concerned about their human's wishes. Females seem a bit more
conniving, and also generally smarter. Or am I just sexist?

Riche